VMware Administration - Install, configure & manage vCenter Server 6.5
vCenter Server is the centralized management utility for VMware and is used to manage virtual machines, multiple ESXi hosts, and all dependent components from a single centralized location.
Watch the below video tutorial
When you install vCenter Server with an embedded Platform Services Controller or deploy the vCenter Server Appliance with an embedded Platform Services Controller, vCenter Server, the vCenter Server components, and the services included in the Platform Services Controller are deployed on the same system.
When you install vCenter Server with an external Platform Services Controller or deploy the vCenter Server Appliance with an external Platform Services Controller, vCenter Server and the vCenter Server components are deployed on one system, and the services included in the Platform Services Controller are deployed on another system.
The following components are included in the vCenter Server and vCenter Server Appliance installations:
The VMware Platform Services Controller group of infrastructure services contains vCenter Single Sign-On, License service, Lookup Service, and VMware Certificate Authority.The vCenter Server group of services contains
vCenter Server, vSphere Web Client, vSphere Auto Deploy, and vSphere ESXi Dump Collector. vCenter Server for Windows also contains the VMware vSphere Syslog Collector. The vCenter Server Appliance also contains the VMware vSphere Update Manager Extension service.
I have covered the following things in one video !! have some patience and apologies for mistakes !!
1. Install & Configure Windows 2016 Server: Check the previous video for config details
- Install has been completed
- Install VMware Tools
- Configure RDP
- NIC Teaming
- Assign IP Address : 192.168.40.40
- Change Computer Name
- Disable firewall settings
2. Install & Configure vCenter Server 6.5 on Windows 2016
- Supports 2000 hosts & 25,000 VM's
- you can connect multiple vCenter's in one console.
- Install vCenter Embedded Platform Service Controller
- Install vCenter with Postgres SQL ( Lab purpose only)
Platform Service Controller
- Authentication & Authorization will be taken care of by PSC
- License management will be taken care of by PSC
- Standard, Enterprise, Enterprise+, Essential & Essential+
- Certificate management: when you add any host into vCenter, it will generate a Certificate to provide passwordless authentication.
- Inventory, datacenter objects integrity
- Distributed Networking
- vSphere HA
- Update Manager
- Template & Clones
3. Login into vCenter WebConsole
- Craete DATACENTER
- Add ESXi Hosts into vCenter
- Create Cluster
- Add hosts into Prodcluster1
I will upload the next sessions soon !
Thanks for watching & for VMware, Storage, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and DevOps training, please reach me on email@example.com
Please subscribe and keep watching this section for more latest technical updates !!